cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Client looses changes

afheinejr01
Level 1
Level 1

I have just replaced a PC for one of our attendants. When setting them up we made some changes in the Console program but the changes do not save. When the user logs off and comes back to work and loggs on, the changes that were made have defaulted to the original settings. Anyone else experience this? The version of Attendant Console is 3.1.1.511.

3 Replies 3

johntrush
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue with one of my users - and I'm not quite sure what's causing the problem either. Sorry I can't be more help - but maybe someone can chime in with a fix?

CallManager 6.1.3.2000-1, Attendant Console version is AC(7.1.0_c)

All other users are fine, except one. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the console on their machine - tried older versions, newer versions, etc. still no luck. The weird thing is, it only happens randomly, once or twice a week... I've even deleted the user's Attendant Console login name, created a new username, and logged in as the new user - but the problem persists, even with the new username.

I don't know if it's specific permissions on the "Cisco" folder in "Program Files", or if Attendant Console is looking for server settings on our Publisher and Subscriber, and not finding the correct ones?

What I've done to "alleviate" the problem is I did an export of the settings inside Attendant Console, so that when it comes up "blank", I just import speed dials, and it works for a couple days.

What's odd today though, is that when other operators are parking calls, it's listing the affected user as the person who parked the call, when that user is not even online.

Thanks for the information. I was beginning to believe that I was the only one with this issue. It seems that this particular operator, no matter who logs in, also has an issue where the Internal Directory will not show up. Don’t know if they are related or what. I want to reboot the CUEAC but we are 24/7 and getting the permission for that hasn’t come yet. Hopefully someone out there knows a solution.

I was kind of thinking I was the only one with the issue too... too funny.

In my google searching over the past couple months, I did remember another "fix" that I tried - but again, it only worked for a couple days (so, in reality, it really didn't help) - was to restart the TCD and CTI services in Call Manager - but since you're a 24/7 shop, I'm not sure if that would be something you could try without scheduled downtime. I know it only took a minute for my services to restart, but like with anything computer related - what should be a minute could turn into an hour if something hiccups along the way.

I haven't seen the Internal Directory problem yet, I hope that's not the next problem that the user is going to notice...

Also, depending on what version of CallManager your're running, there needs to be an AC user (in my configuration, this user is located under User Management / Application User). This AC user needs to be associated with the phone that the "problem user" is using. It should also be associated with Route Points, etc... But if it's working for other operators, then I would assume that is setup correctly.