cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Corporate Directory on CUCM 6.1

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

This is the first time I see this.  We are using CUCM 6.1 with MS exchange 2003.  We usually added IP Phone field in the Active Directory profile of the user with userā€™s 4 digit extension.

Then, I believe CUCM will get the data from this field for the corporate directory of the users.  We just added a new user few days ago, and I checked the corporate directory on my desk phone and show this user has the correct extension, example John Doe ā€“ 1111.

But the receptionist just told me that in her attendant console, John Doeā€™s extension is 2222.  I checked the corporate directory via the phone again and it is showing 1111.

I also check the "User Management" -> "End User" and it is showing the correct number.

Questions,

Where does the attendant console get the users extension? I thought it is from the IP phone field in the active directory, should be the same as the corporate directory look up via the phone.

Thanks,

sienz

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure there are no directory lookup rules in place, Call Routing > Dial Rules > Directory Lookup Rules.  These will impact what is seen on attendant console.  Also attendant console gets it's directory list from:

1) User list file that is specified in the Path Name  of Local Directory File in the Attendant Settings dialog box on the  attendant PC

2) CorporateDirectory.txt file in the userlist directory on the Cisco CallManager Attendant Console server

3) AutoGenerated.txt file generated by the Cisco TCD  service and stored in the userlist directory on the Cisco CallManager  Attendant Console server

Where a guide about those files (ignore TCD, now AC Service from 4.x to 6.x): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_0_1/ccmsys/a07ccmac.html#wp1125051

Also where exactly does the receptionist see the 2222 number instead of 1111, what section of attendant console, speed dials, etc?

Hi Joemar2,

What section of attendant console, speed dials, etc? From the Directory Windows inside the console windows.

RELOAD option in  Directory Windows inside the console windows fix this issue

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: