cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio issue with IP Communicator

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue with an end user yesterday and I need some advice on a solution. We are running IPC 8.6.1.13 on Windows 7, SP1. The issue is no audio from IPC. For example, if I attempt to make a call from the laptop I can't hear the dial tone, the button beeps, or the incoming voice. I have run the Audio Tuning Wizard and both playback and recording of audio works. I've gone to Windows sound control panel and watched the playback devices as sounds were played (from the Audio Tuning Wizard) and they registered on the meter, but dial tone from IPC didn't. I've uninstalled/reinstalled IPC. The end user isn't an administrator. If I long on as an administrator, everything works. If I make the end user an administrator, it still fails. I've allowed IPC through the firewall. I have close to 100 IPC users and this is the only one having this problem. I really feel this is a permissions issue but permissions where? I've enabled full control of the IPC folder to the end user. No luck.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Karl,

Please check the below workaround,

Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Playback>'Set Default' to Speakers.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

I did this.... didn't help. In the sound control panel the speakers show output when testing the sound in the Audio Tuning Wizard but it does not show output when the dial tone should be heard.