cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto attendant to forward messages to multiple recipients

paul_romsos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm being asked to setup an auto attendant for employee's to call into when they're sick and won't be able to make it into work.  The business would like the attendant to present options for the different departments "If you work in customer service press 1 to leave a message, if you work in production press 2 to leave a message, etc..."  When a user presses a number they'll be able to leave a message that will then get delivered to the supvervisor for that department as well as the human resources department.  I know I could create voicemail boxes for all the different options then set the message action to 'Relay' and send the messages to an Outlook distribution list, but is there any way to have the messages delivered to the recipients Outlook inbox and their UCxN inbox?  They'd like to be able to check the messages from their phones rather than via their computer all the time.  

I'm running Unity Connection 9 currently.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create the distribution lists in CUC, and choose the right one on each call handler where they will leave the message.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Create the distribution lists in CUC, and choose the right one on each call handler where they will leave the message.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That will do it, thanks Jamie.  I was looking at transferring to distribution lists from subscribers, didn't even look at setting up call handler's for each option, that explains it.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: