Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Forward and cancel of Voicemail

We have a large company and the person in charge of our phones tells me my department can not be set up to forward to voicemail automatically when we are closed for business.  He is telling me we would have to manually set the phone to voicemail then unroll it from voicemail in the morning.  With VOIP I find this very hard to believe.  Is there a way to?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The feature in question is feature of call control device (PBX) not the phone itself. You disclosed no details about the equipment, thus no way to even guess the answer. I will offer you a three randomly selected answers:

1. The PBX may not have such feature at all. It's so old, it's so cheap and dumb, it's not PBX designed for business environment.
  2. PBX have such feature implemented, but specific license needs to be purchased to unlock it. Your company have no such license.
  3. PBX have such feature implemented and enabled, but person in charge doesn't know how to configure it.

Remember - this list is not exhaustive. No answer above may apply to yours particular case.