Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA cannot sign in with user on other cluster with home cluster ticked

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All

We currently have a case open with TAC to troubleshoot an issue whereby users cannot login via MRA using our Expressway but the user exists on another cluster, the EXP-C can see the other cucm cluster.

We have ILS enabled between the 2 Call Managers, users on the UK call manager can log in fine via MRA.

Firstly, does the user have to be present on both CUCM clusters and the one with the home cluster check box ticked gets used? just to add, one CUCM uses LDAP the other users manually created users.

Or, if the EXP-C cannot find the user on the UK cucm, does it then do an ILS lookup in the background and then repoint the EXP-C to our other cluster in India where the user exists ?

Please help

cheers

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you sync the same user to more than one cluster, yes, only in one cluster the home cluster should be ticked, otherwise the system cannot tell where the user's config really is. Same would be true if for some reason you use the same userIDs in both clusters, one with LDAP and one local users.

Yes, ILS is used in case the SRV points to the cluster where the user is NOT homed in and then EXP-C is redirected

I'd start by testing if ILS works fine internally.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response.

So, we did a test internally, I created the user on the UK CUCM with the same password as the India CUCM.

I logged into Jabber on my pc as the user in the UK, when I checked the diagnostics on the Jabber client it was showing the servers in India.

One thing to note that the _cisco_uds points to our UK CUCM only.

So the above test proves that ILS is working, correct?

On the EXP-C, We have all the UC nodes added under 2 deployments and it can see the UK and India CUCM fine.

The EXP version is 12.5.1, the CUCM version is 11.5.

Each time we login on Jabber it just says incorrect username / password and on the Jabber logs it says edge auth fail

Any ideas where we should look?

cheers