cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Background Images in CCM 4.3

t.jiddy89
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently having some issues with adding a background image for a 7965 VOIP Phone in Call Manager 4.3, and I was wondering if it is even possible to have them in such an out-dated version of Call Manager? If anybody could give me step-by-step instructions that would be great, however any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The procedure should be the same as here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/6_1/english/administration/guide/7965cst.html#wp1088046.  The only difference will be that you can put the list.xml file and image files directly in the tftp directory since it's an open windows platform.  Make sure after you do this that you restart TFTP so the files are available.  Have you gotten other phones working properly?

Yeah the process should work well with both versions of call manager. There are a number of products out there that can help with the deployment, one I have used is from www.dominocomms.com.

Interestingly DominoComms have a product that can recover the PIN information when upgrading from ccm4 to something newer saving buckets of time and issues by the forced reset of the PIN when you upgrade. I've used it many times now and saved me 15+ man days of effort, happy days!