Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup user account

paulo.rio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a installed a CUCM in v11 and was trying to create a DRS (backup) only account.

I have created a new account with "set account name " with Privilege level of Ordinary, the lowest, but that account have to much access.

Questions:

1 - Can I create a backup only account?

2 - What is the exact difference between Ordinary and Advanced account levels?

Best Regards

Paulo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The command reference guide has the privilege level for each command there is in CUCM.

There is no matrix, you would need to look at the command you want to use, and see what level it requires.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paulo,

Unfortunately DRS does not let you go that granular, so you will have to take complete DRS backup for CUCM.

Reference below or second question.

Command syntax

set account name name

Parameters

• name represents the username for the new account.

Usage Guidelines

After you enter the username, the system prompts you to enter the privilege level and password for the new account.

The privilege level definitions are as follows:

Privilege level 0: Specifies an ordinary privilege level. Users with ordinary privileges can run CLI commands with privilege level 0 only.

Privilege level 1: Specifies an advanced privilege level. Users with advanced privileges can run CLI commands with privilege level 1 and below.

Note The administrator account that the system creates when Unified CM installs has a privilege level of 4. The administrator can run all commands in the CLI.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hello,

I think that I have explained wrongly.

1 - Can I create an account that have only access to DRS?

2- What is the difference between privilege level 0 and 1, or where can I find a matrix where explains what cli commands belongs to each level?

Thanks

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

Just to share :

I tried to create an user account with Privilege level 0 [DRS1] and 1[DRS2] . Account with privilege level 4 is created while doing installation.

CUCM version : 11.0.1.21900-11

From putty [when logged in through DRS1, I am not able to get option of utils disaster _recovery  but when logged through GUI in DRS, I am able to get all options.

Secondly, when trying to login through DRS2 from putty , I am not able to login but from GUI of DRS, I am able to login.

regds,

aman

with privilege level 0, u get only below commands

admin:
      file*
      help
      license*
      quit
      set*
      show*
      utils*
admin:
With privilege level 4, u get below commands
admin:
      delete*
      file*
      help
      license*
      quit
      run*
      set*
      show*
      unset*
      utils*
admin:

The command reference guide has the privilege level for each command there is in CUCM.

There is no matrix, you would need to look at the command you want to use, and see what level it requires.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I have never notice that information in the manual.

Very useful response.

Thanks

Paulo