Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000: IM and Presence Installation/Config

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

Configuring a new BE6K v10.5 (for our lab).  I've got CUCM and Unity base config done.  But I'm having some trouble getting IM and Presence running.  I added the Server to the Pub instance of CUCM, but it doesn't appear to be running.

Anyway I'd be happy to read and follow the Cisco documentation, but I wasn't sure where to start.  The Cisco Business Edition 6000 Installation Guide, Release 10.5(1) (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE6000/InstallationGuide/10_51/CUCM_BK_BC403831_00_be6k-install-guide-1051.html) doesn't cover IM and Presence.  And the general list of docs (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/products-installation-guides-list.html) stops at IM and Presence v9.1, and from what I understand, it's different in 10.5.

So if anyone can help with a pointer to some basic documentation, or how to set up the first node of IM and Presence, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

BIll

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply follow the general IM&P config guides, install and configuration are exactly the same for any enterprise, 6K or 7K CUCM. Go to the CUCM install guide, there's a chapter for IM&P in there now on 10.X+

Basically, on your CUCM PUB System -> Server -> add your IM&P, then fire up your IM&P install and point to the CUCM when prompted for the first node.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply follow the general IM&P config guides, install and configuration are exactly the same for any enterprise, 6K or 7K CUCM. Go to the CUCM install guide, there's a chapter for IM&P in there now on 10.X+

Basically, on your CUCM PUB System -> Server -> add your IM&P, then fire up your IM&P install and point to the CUCM when prompted for the first node.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Perfect, just what I needed. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: