Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6K - CUCM, Unity connection and CCZX install

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am in the process of installing BE6K (HA) with the CUCM, CUC, CCX application in my LAB for a customer. I have completed installing all the three application on the Primary BE6K. I am about to start installing the subscriber applications ( CUCM, CUC, CCX) on to the redundant BE6K. Have a few questions that I need clarification from the experts.

1 - I do not have a DNS server or domain in the lab..and the CCX install says that a DNS is mandatory..how should I proceed?

2 - In the unity connection install guide it is mentioned that the subscriber node needs to be in the same time zone as primary, in my case the subscriber node will be in a different timezone as the primary....how should I configure the time zone  ? and is this same for the CUCM, and CCX as well ?

3 - As for the NTP, I have used the lab router as the NTP...I am assuming that I can add additional NTP server, when installing the servers to the customer site ??

Thank you

2 Replies 2

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody please answer

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. I would try it would DNS if that does not take you will need to simulate one.

2. It does not matter that the servers are in different timezones, simply when installing them put them into the same one, which is a good practice for CUCM, etc. as well.

3. Correct, you can change NTP destination, however that may invalidate your PLM, CCX license, so make sure you request license after you change the NTP