Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Partition order in CSS regarding CPU usage/call dialing speed

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my question is NOT about the partition processing method within a CSS: i'm interested in a different consideration. Suppose i have multiple CSS that allow access to these types of calls:

- Internal DN's

- metropolitan numbers (within city of origin)

- long distance

- mobile phones

I suppose that these 4 types of calls cover different percentage of total calls: i suppose, for example, that internal DN's are the calls most invoked and i try to make this percentage classification (tell me if i'm wrong or if the percentage of a typical IP telephony enviroment is different from that i supposed):

- Internal DN's:   40% of total

- metropolitan numbers: 20% of total

- long distance: 10% of total

- mobile phones: 30% of total

My question is: is there a partition placement that best reflects this percentage schema ? Explaining better: if Internal DN's calls are the most dialed numbers, is better to place Internal partition at the top of CSS to save CPU cycles and make call setup much faster ? Or maybe it doesn't affect because Call Manager process all partitions and, only if same match exists, the partition order becomes important ?

Thank you,

Roberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you mention, the order on which you order the partitions only matters under 1 circumstance. Equally good matches in 2 or more partitions.

The DA engine always works based on the dialing forest that is created by everything the phone can reach via the CSSs.

As you input digits it narrows the options until it finds the best match or possible matches.

The routable patterns are not ordered depending on which partition they belong and the order of them in the CSS

There is no real benefit on doing what you propose.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you mention, the order on which you order the partitions only matters under 1 circumstance. Equally good matches in 2 or more partitions.

The DA engine always works based on the dialing forest that is created by everything the phone can reach via the CSSs.

As you input digits it narrows the options until it finds the best match or possible matches.

The routable patterns are not ordered depending on which partition they belong and the order of them in the CSS

There is no real benefit on doing what you propose.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Javalenc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: