cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Inbound Numbers via CP8841 phone

firststreetPete
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am a brand new VOIP administrator with Cisco products.

We have CUCM and utilize CP8841 desk phones.   I am trying to figure out if we can at the phone level, block numbers.  SO, I get a call from a spam caller and want to block it immediately.  Can this be accomplished or do i have to use CUCM to block the ANI/DNIS?

Thanks all!

FSP

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phones have no intelligence, CUCM is the one that has all the call routing.

You would need to block those calls in CUCM or in the GW (assuming SIP or H.323)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

firststreetPete
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the clarification.

That being said, in our old Avaya switch, if we wanted to block a call from the building in general we had a place to enter it and if that ANI/DNIS hit the switch it "died"

How in CUCM can I achieve a similar result?  Right now it is set up so that if one of the blocked ANI/DNIS hits the switch it is blocked from hitting the call queues, however, we have many office phones that do not live int he queues.  We want to block the call from any phones in the building once it hits the switch.

Google Cisco reject inbound calls, CUCM block inbound call, dial-peer reject, and the like, and you'll get all the information, threads, examples, etc for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, this works on CUCM v11.X

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies