cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking unknown caller ID for a single incoming line

thatguystacy
Level 1
Level 1

Not exactly new to Cisco products but more or less lacking the knowledge that I need to complete the task. 

The goal is to block unknown callers from a single line (DID) 

I have a background from Avaya and was able to do that with Vector routing and basically If-then statements but that doesn't help me here

Preexisting set up  and Dial Plan UCM Ver 11.0.1

all calls come into a partition "Gateway_incoming"

I would like it to be able to apply a route to any selected DID that would block Unknown or Caller ID Blocked numbers but not have it applied at the main incoming trunk level from the Voice Gateway because some lines need to be able to accept unknown callers and blocked numbers. I imagine this will be done on CSS level and i understand the ! in a translation pattern should block unknown numbers. Having trouble putting the pieces together as far as single DID. 

Example 444 comes as initial assessment would be

2444 xslates to 444

would need the IF ! block go to here and If numbers present go through to 444

I have read a lot of conflicting ideas and would like to get a clean solution that i will be able to apply to other DIDs encase others would like to use this option.

- Am I on the right path ?

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

Call blocking single line can be done in 2 ways . Assume DID -> 1234

1.Voice gateway 

Create voice translation rule 

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 reject /1234/ 

Assign it to translation profile

voice translation-profile block
translate calling 1

Then assign this to incoming dial peer 

call-block translation-profile incoming Block
call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject

2. In CM 

Create a translation pattern for 1234 , make sure the partition used is same as partition used in Gateway to get the incoming call from GW to CM and assign CSS accordingly 

Under the route option select Block this pattern then select the reason as either unallocated  / rejected.

Regards

Mohamed