cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Admin error - success but not really!

s.chaney
Level 1
Level 1

My name is Scott,

I download a phones file from the Call Manager 10.5.1.11006-1 in the Bulk Administration tab. I then alter the phone.csv file to reflect changes in the phone description field. I delete many columns that are not necessary. Then I upload the altered phone.csv file in the bulk administration tab then apply it in insert phones. Job Scheduler shows the job as ran. I check the .txt file and it shows success.

When I then go to the device tab/phone I see the description has not changed but the job shows success? How can I change the phone description in a bulk .csv format?

Insert Phones - All Details

Begin Time : 09/19/2016 14:11:21

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/all/TestDecriptionNameChange9-19.csv

Failure Details :

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEPD867C97739CE null

SEPE4D7226487DE null

SEPD867C977C2C7 null

SEPE4D722649F74 null

SEPC067BF582A2A null

SEPD867C974C0D9 null

SEPD867C973966C null

******** NO ERROR FOUND ********

Result Summary :

INSERT for 7 PHONES passed.

INSERT for 0 PHONES failed.

End Time : 09/19/2016 14:11:22

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am sorry, I didn't see your last message. There is no impact as long as  you know what you are doing. Yes, I have done that in my lab, it worked.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Hi Scott,

While you insert phone, did you  check the option "Override the existing configuration"?

Can you please attach your CSV file?

Will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Mosh

Please mark as correct if applicable.

I did check the option "Override the existing configuration"

you will need to change the .xls to .cvs

Remove SEP from Device name

SEPD867D97739DE should be D867D97739DE.

Regards,

Mosh

I already did that and it error out. I just did it again with no success and got this for each one:

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D867D97739DE DEVICE :: Error : 407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found

Sorry to know that.
If you are using phone template, you do not need below things in CSV file

Device pool; Phone Button Template; CSS; MTP Required; Digest User and Device Type

Please try to remove them from CSV file and add those filed into Phone Templates.

Do not use SEP in device name. Please try one more time. Sometimes if the description contain syntex which CUCM doesen't like, change will not be applied. I would try to make the description simple for test purpose.

Regards,

Mosh

I stripped it down to where it only has the MAC address and the new description field. Only those two fields.

I got the same exact error:

D867D97739DE DEVICE :: Error : 407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found

I do appreciate you helping.

Are you choosing "Insert Phones Specific Details" along with Phone Template?

Looks like you have selected "Insert Phones All Details"

If you have phone template created, you do not need SEP in device name.

I am at work now, I will run this in my home lab after going home, Then I will be able to tell you exactly what you are missing.

Mosh

I did select Insert Phones All Details

Please try below,

Bulk Administration ---> Phone ----> Phone Template

Add new and select phone type "Cisco Telepresence SX20"

Define below things in template

Device pool; Phone Button Template; CSS; MTP Required; Digest User and Device Type and other mandatory filed.

Create CSV file with below filed

DEVICE NAME Description LOCATION DIRECTORY NUMBER 1

Then "Insert Phones Specific Details, and use the template that you have created earlier.

mosh

a couple of questions. Will creating this template impact the production environment? this small amount I am using are in production. And, did you try this at home to see if it worked for you?

any response?

I am sorry, I didn't see your last message. There is no impact as long as  you know what you are doing. Yes, I have done that in my lab, it worked.

I am doing this testing now. So, it looks like that by using your method I must load only like type devices. I have many different types of devices. Is this the only way to go?

Thanks

With this method, you will have to use device template where you can define the device type. You need different csv file for different device template (device type).

Regards,

Mosh