cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Admin error - success but not really!

s.chaney
Level 1
Level 1

My name is Scott,

I download a phones file from the Call Manager 10.5.1.11006-1 in the Bulk Administration tab. I then alter the phone.csv file to reflect changes in the phone description field. I delete many columns that are not necessary. Then I upload the altered phone.csv file in the bulk administration tab then apply it in insert phones. Job Scheduler shows the job as ran. I check the .txt file and it shows success.

When I then go to the device tab/phone I see the description has not changed but the job shows success? How can I change the phone description in a bulk .csv format?

Insert Phones - All Details

Begin Time : 09/19/2016 14:11:21

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/all/TestDecriptionNameChange9-19.csv

Failure Details :

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEPD867C97739CE null

SEPE4D7226487DE null

SEPD867C977C2C7 null

SEPE4D722649F74 null

SEPC067BF582A2A null

SEPD867C974C0D9 null

SEPD867C973966C null

******** NO ERROR FOUND ********

Result Summary :

INSERT for 7 PHONES passed.

INSERT for 0 PHONES failed.

End Time : 09/19/2016 14:11:22

22 Replies 22

okay great thanks. So I can use existing templates that I see already built in the Call Manager?

device template is not built-in, if you are seeing one there, it was been created by someone. You can create new one and specify all fields (device pool; CSS) based on need.  

Can't create a generic template that would cover all device types?

No, you need template for each device type.

Thanks,

Mosh.

i find that i can create the phone template for an EX90. And, i can create the .csv modified file to upload but then when i do the upload and choose specific field/correct template, the field I want to alter is indeed changed.

The problem is that it wipes out all the Association line info - except the phone number. And most of the info in the Device Information block is gone.

The only field i want to change on many devices is the description. This is important because it is the field that TMS looks at  when scheduling for a particular Telepresence room.

included is my upload .csv (xlsx) file. If i knew how i would send you my EX90 template.

any update?

Are you choosing "Insert Phones Specific Details" along with Phone Template?

Looks like you have selected "Insert Phones All Details"

If you have phone template created, you do not need SEP in device name.

I am at work now, I will run this in my home lab after going home, Then I will be able to tell you exactly what you are missing.

Mosh

chrisgapske2
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Really does not know how to build a bulk tool that works. There BAT and import really stinks.