Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CA-Signed Multi-Server Subject with additional Alternate Name

Hello erveryone!

One question about CA-Signed Multi-Server Subject certificats with an additional alternate Name in CUCM 10.5.

When I generate a CSR for example Tomcat service with multi-server(SAN) you see in the subject alternate Names all fqdns of your cluster.

How is it possible to add an additional alternate name for all server like "phone" so user can just typ "phone" in browser and get no security warning when they are forwarded to one of the cucm server?

I tryed the cli command "set web-security [Unit name] [org name] [location] [state] [country] phone", I added that command to all of my servers.

But "phone" is not showing in that list of SANs. Is "phone" still in CSR request inbedded or how can add it with the option of multi SAN certificates?

Thanks and best regards

Ben

2 Replies 2

I made an test and it is working. the certificate I'm getting back included the Name "phone" as a alternate name, only in csr generating it was not visible.

Best regards

Benjamin

I see how to create a signed cert with a SAN entry via CLI, but what about creating a signed tomcat cert? The only thing I see to change in the new multi-server CSR creation is domain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: