cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cal lmanager 8.6 import voice mail profile change

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone provide me with details on how to change the voice mail profile on specific phones using BAT?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the add/update lines options from BAT, assuming you want to change them all to the same option, otherwise, you'll need to export, modify and import again to update.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It's the export and import that I'm a little fuzzy on.Do I open the tar file and edit that? If so whats the best process in doing that ? I've read that there's also a header file that goes with the phone detail file. How do you import both of them?

UNLESS you understand the consequences of playing with tar files, DO NOT touch them, you may break the system and make it inoperable :-(

try the updates phone and use the line option and it should be simple enough.

try changing it for one phone and then if successful apply for all 

HTH

Thanks for the responses guys but I'm a little hesitant to use the tar file. I have 300+ phones to change this weekend and 5,000+ at the end of the month so using the update line option isn't really an option unless I can change them in bulk and the DID's are not sequential. I'll try the tar file in my lab and see how that goes.

Hi,

You need to export the file, untar using 7-zip on windows or tar CLI on Mac OSX, do the changes then tar again using the same software.

Make sure to use 7-zip as it is a validated tool for CUCM tar files.

If something went wrong with the header file, the import will fail because CUCM do the validation before importing the file. This can put the pressure off. However, I agree that you need to test this before doing it in production.

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so here's the process I'm using with 7-zip.

-export tar file

-open with 7-zip, edit and save

-it saves a seperate folder with teh same name that contains the header and the csv file.

-Import the csv file to UCM as phone/update/custom file

-go to BAT/phones/Update phones//custom file

It see's the file and I can open it and view the edits that I made but when I click on find it shows 0 records found.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: