Views
Helpful
Replies

Call behaviour in SRST mode

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a set of dial-peers that typically send the main number 6100 to callmanager, so that it can do Time of Day Routing and route into Unity. 6100 comes into the gateway and then we use num-exp to 80661620, and send it directly via a Dial-Peer.

The problem is that in SRST mode that this facility is no longer available so we want 6100 to go directly to a phone. Is there any way to override what the num-exp is doing in SRST mode?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you need to use the expended number in srst config, and "translate" it to the desired desination, as such:

alias 1 80664835 to 1234 preference 1

where 1234 is the phone extension.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply create a alias under call-manager-fallback to send the call to the extension you want, you will need to use the expended number under alias command.

HTH,

Chris

Hi there Chris,

i thought that might be the case, but I can't seem to get the syntax right! Well either that or the SRST is ignoring the command (which i doubt).

Here's some example config, any idea what my syntax should be for the alias command?

dial-peer 1000 voip

destination-pattern 80661620

session target ipv4:etc

num-exp 4800 80661620

call-manager-fallback

alias 1 4800 to 80664835 preference 1

The above doesnt seem to work! It gets ignored.

you need to use the expended number in srst config, and "translate" it to the desired desination, as such:

alias 1 80664835 to 1234 preference 1

where 1234 is the phone extension.

HTH,

Chris

You're a genius.

Thanks!

Experience is the genius here, I must have done this hundreds of times :-)

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: