cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward One Line Extension

JohnNetEng
Level 1
Level 1

On a 79xx IP phone (eg 7940 or 7942) is it possible to forward calls on one line extension, but not the other?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only do CFA from the phone on the primary line, if you're talking about other lines, or CF options, yes, they're handled independently on each line via CCMuser page

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only do CFA from the phone on the primary line, if you're talking about other lines, or CF options, yes, they're handled independently on each line via CCMuser page

HTH

java

Hi John

To add to what Jaime said CFA is only possible on primary line using CFwdALL soft key through phone, below link explain the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/100304-cfwdall-softkey.html

HTH

JB

I'm sure that there are plenty of us in the partner community who get beat up with the "Avaya can do that" line over seemingly trivial missing features. This is one of those missing features. It would be refreshing to have the UX/UI development team see the customer's reaction when delivering the news that no, you can't actually use feature X from your phone, but if you log into this website you can do that.

Anybody know what the underlying technical constraint is for this? Is there a formal feature request process?

I've never found out the reason, and even if I did, that would be something that certainly cannot be discussed in a public forum. The partner forum would be the minimum, or you might even require NDA to find that out.

Yes, there's a good bunch of PERs and bugs around this

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#Can_I_CFA_on_secondary_lines.3F.3F

HTH

java