Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding not working over WAN

shyam2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a site where we want to forward their calling number over wan to main cluster. Also we are trying to do the same thing with a ICM script too..i.e. transferring a DID number of that location to a CTI RP which is mapped to ICM script. This transfer is not happening.

We had to transfer that number over pstn only to another site and by utilizing their WAN I am transferring to the main cluster and thus connecting to ICM script.

Is there something on the WAN end need to check that why call transferring/forwarding not working over WAN?

5 Replies 5

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shyam

Have you ensured that  Call Forwarding CSS contains the access to right set of partitions ?

Also is the error you are getting when you try the  call forwarding ?

Regards

Aditya

call forwarding over pstn is working but not over wan..like if I want to transfer over to a cisco phone that is on the same cluster I can not transfer while if I want to transfer that call over pstn that works. In short pstn-->DID-->gw-->local extension with that DID works

pstn-->DID-->gw-->Local extension-->forwarded to cisco ipphone with DID over wan don't work

pstn-->DID-->gw-->Local extension-->forwarded to cisco ipphone with DID over pstn work

I checked the css and partition properly and it is correctly configured.

Hi Shyam

Does the following forwarding scenario in you CUCM Clusters work ?

1. PSTN-->DID-->G/W-->Local Extension -->Forwarded to another phone in same cluster.

2. Local Extension--Calling -->Local Extension(Same Cluster) -->Forwarded to cisco ip phone over wan to main cluster

Also what is error message you hear on the original calling phone when the call forwarding fails.

If you Forwarding CSS are correct , in that case the forwarding number that you are putting on the Cisco Ip Phone , can you dial the same number in the same format ?

Example : Lets say on the Cisco IP Phone-A you are putting CFA as 912345 , then are you able to dial the  number 912345 from  IP Phone-A ?

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Aditya,

When I am calling a number(same cluster) it is working but when I am forwarding to it or using translation pattern on it it is not working.I put the same CSS on the forwarding number but still it doesn't work.

Something I am missing here..

Here is the situation-

1. PSTN-->DID-->G/W-->Local Extension -->Forwarded to another phone in same cluster.------------ not working but if I dial the same exact number it works. Weird thing is that although it is not supposed to go to voice mail as I unchecked all boxes but still it goes to voicemail instead of going to forwarding extension.

2.2. Local Extension--Calling -->Local Extension(Same Cluster) -->Forwarded to cisco ip phone over wan to main cluster-----Works.

Please assist.