cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 8.0, Auto registration gives IP phones different extension than other sites

Hello,

I have a site that that when I plug an IP phone I get an extension in the range of 2400 instead 4100 range. Any IP phone I plug in any site should be in the 4100 range don't know why only this site auto registers phones in the 2400 range.  Also one phone register with an extension of 2428 but did not show up in call manager. Any suggestions why this is happening. 

Thanks.

Horacio

7 Replies 7

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the phones at the remote site registering to call manager after they get their DNs or are they possibly registering to something else (CME, etc)?

They register to the cucm. In order for those phones to work I have to enter them manual instead of using the auto registrator feature.

You need to check the DN in the Cisco Unified CM`s to check what DN`s are given out for Auto Reg. -perhaps the DN`s are incorrect

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

Go to System/Cisco Unified CM.  Choose your publisher.

Look there and see what DN's are being handed out.

They may be wrong.

If they're not, check your phones to see what CM they're using to authenticate.

We had this problem when the phones couldn't reach the publisher.  The phones failed over to the subscriber which had the wrong DN's assigned.

Ven

Ven Taylor

Hi Ven,

I checked all of the call managers and the range is in the 4000's. Don't know why they are getting auto registration in the 2000's range.

Horacio,

This seems like Joe above has a point.

Are you sure they are registering with your CUCM cluster.

1) Is the TFTP option 150 pointing at your TFTP server(s)

2) You say that 2428 is NOT showing on your CUCM.

On 2428 when you press and check the CUCM network settings on the phone are the Call Manager IP addresses yours.

If you use DNS ghas something gone wrong here with the DNS tranlations.

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Everyone,

I found some more information regarding the 2428 DN for auto registration.  The 2428 DN in call manager is configured for MGCP keep alive port.  Why is the DN 2428 auto registrating the same as the MGCP keep alive port in the remote site.

Thanks.