Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Not Disconnecting - Clicking Sound

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm unsure where to begin on this, so I'm hoping to get a few pointers in the right direction to help sort this out. We've received reports from users in one of our centres that when making external calls via their local gateway, on some occasions the call will be ended by the remote party but the line 'stays open'. I've also had reports that during the call and during this 'disconnected' period they can hear a clicking noise, similar to someone typing on a keyboard but not talking.

Any ideas on finding the cause of this?

We're using two T1s on the gateway and there appears to be no errors or time slips occurring.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

miket
Level 5
Level 5

Mark, you could do a debug on the gateway and use a "deb isdn q931 inout"  catch to a file so you can look thru it better.

You may see a disc code or something may jump out at you. You may also see if this is happening on one or both T1's.

Are you getting any fast busys?

What IOS level? Did this just start?

Sorry for questions but you almost need it to try and narrow it down.

Clicking usually clocking but not always

Q931 will give you lots of data there are other debugs but I usually use this as it tells you everything.

Let me know

Mike

Don't be sorry about questions, it's exactly the type of pointers I was hoping for.

I've got that debug running already, just awaiting for a user to recreate the issue so I can take a look at it in the logs. As far as I know they're not getting any fast busy tones. It's IOS 15.1(4)M1 on a 2821 and only just started receiving reports of it, but I wouldn't rule it out having occurred before but just not being reported.

Once I can track down an example in the Q931 logs, I'll update this thread.

Thanks.