Views
Helpful
Replies

Call quality issues across PSTN..

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am having reports of call quality issues from a bunch of users to certain international destinations. I have checked through the CDR records for any reports of packet loss, latency etc and all the call detail reports are clean.

The issue seems to be on the carriers side. The quality of the PSTN line is poor to certain destinations and this means that CUCM cdr records wont pickup on this as CDR measures only from phone to voice gateway.

Has anyone ever seen this issue before and is there any way of measuring or monitoring quality of a PSTN line. Opening a ticket with the carrier is proving a waste of time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Hi.

Let's start to verify errors on your controller issuing a show controller e1.

Please post the output here.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo, thanks for the response...This would be the first thing I check also but in this case, the E1 lines are perfectly clean, no errors at all.

HI.

If the issue is with certain PSTN destination, the only thing i see that you could do is to engage your TSP.

Let us informed.

Regards

Carlo

Yeah, I was thinking the same way. But as we all know, the telco will never admit responsibility...

thanks for your input :)

For sure :)

If you have a couple of destination which the quality is unacceptable, you can indicate them the number and troubleshoot it together.

Cheers

Carlo

How are peering with Telco ? SIP or TDM ?

If SIP then you can put packet capture at external interface of gateway to listen the RTP media and even sharing the recording with Telco.

Thanks

Manish

No its 2 x ISDN PRI E1's