Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call/video not working between Cisco jabber for Windows and VCS control C40s

Hello,

I've been struggling with no luck how to make a call using Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.6.0 registered to CM 8.6.2 with intercluster ICT to another CM 8.6.2 where we have a VCS Control 7.0.2 via GK H225, and all C40s are registered as H.323.

The VCS has interworking between H323 and SIP, however not sure if there is any problem with that. Assuming it is ok, not sure either if I'm facing any interoperability issue because in my remote site I have C40 (H323 registered at VCS and SIP listening mode) and cisco jabber for windows which is SIP based.

If is not possible, would I be able to change my C40 from H323 to SIP at VCS, or have both H323/SIP registered at VCS? If so, will I need to change as well instead of GK I'll have to establish a SIP Trunk between the CM and VCS?

Another thing I do not believe either I would be able to have one VCS connected with two clusters, right?

I'm just trying to find a solution in case my current topology is not compatible, but feel free if you have any better idea to make it work.

Anyway here is what is happening:

When I make a call from my cisco jabber windows to C40 using alias number. The call is being redirected just fine to the C40 and it rings, however when someoene or the auto answer picks it up, the call dropped right away.

However, if I enabled the MTP in my CSF device, the call gets longer before dropping. I was even able to see my jabber " start video" turns green, before was grayed out all the time and the call dropped faster. I hear a fast busy tone. 

I'm able to provide SDI traces, logs, diagnostic sip/h323 calls from VCS in order to know for sure if this is an incompatible issue or something I can workaround.

Let me know if someone of you are interested in read these logs or could point me on the right direction.

Thanks!

26 Replies 26

I have a sip based neighbor zone to cucm local cluster.

What are you saying is I will need to create neighbor zone and point it to the remote cucm cluster?

In other words, can I have one VCS pointing to a two clusters? If so, I definitely can give it a try.

Thanks for helping me on this.

Yes, you need to create a neighbor zone to the remote cluster. VCS can have multiple neighbor zones. Since its sip based, your call will always go via the traversal zone because VCS need to stay in the media path. Calls that are  not interworked, only use VCS for signalling but calls that are need VCS for both signalling and media

Please rate all useful posts

I tried to do that, but I got SIP status failed in the VCS zone "SIP: Failed to connect to x.x.x.x:5060 : Service unavailable 

Do I need to start or enable some service in my remote cm cluster in order to establish SIP Trunk to the VCS?

Also when I tried to create a SIP Trunk to VCS from remote CM cluster, I got this error message: Add failed. The specified name has invalid characters or is not formatted correctly for this device type.

Thoughts?

never mind, erase my last comment. I was able to establish a SIP trunk to VCS from my remote cm cluster...

However, I'm getting the same error before...not sure if the rule I created is right though. Here is what my rule looks like: any, no, alias pattern match, regex, (7\d{8})@domainname(.*), replace,  continue, target (zone created with remote cm cluster)

Does it transform to 7XXXXXXXX digits? I also have put my whole number extension, but did not work either.

Do I also have to create an advanced Media Gateway policy rule?

I also selected inbound CSS in this trunk to VCS.

Do you want me to send the logs in order to check it? Let me know if I'm missing anything else. Thanks!

If you are sending calls to cucm with a domain name, you will need to configure that domain name on your cucm cluster..

Please see attached documentation for configuration required to set this up.

Something very interesting happened. I was able to make a call from C40 to Cisco Jabber dialing my extension@ip cucm remote cluster.

Then I did another test kept the SIP Trunk I created to VCS and removed all the settings that I created at VCS-C the zone and rule. Even though I was still able to make calls from VCS to CM remote cluster. Not sure how that worked just with SIP Trunk to VCS.

Then I did another test I changed the RP on my remote cluster from intercluster to this new sip trunk to VCS, but did not work to make calls to VCS, just when I use the RP pointing to the intercluster.

So they way is working now from cisco jabber to VCS is through intercluster dialing just the alias extension for endpoint, and from VCS to Cisco Jabber is through the new SIP Trunk in the remote cluster to VCS dialing extension@ip cm. Although the solution was the new sip trunk to VCS from remote cluster, I believe is still using the path for the local cm cluster...I believe the sip trunk was just a matter to sync somehow the database from my remote cm cluster...not sure but it is pretty interesting.

Is there way I can dial from VCS (H323) to Cisco Jabber (SIP) using just the extension instead of using extension@ip cm? Like I do the opposite way?

I looked at the trace and indeed this call goes to traversal VCS-E using the second LAN. I though would take this path only when we have a firewall outside the Company. Since I'm in the corporate network with no firewall in the middle I though it would go from VCS-C to CM intercluster, etc...

At least the most important was solved to make calls from C40 to cisco jabber. I'm just curious to understand how that happened. 

Once again thanks for helping me out on this!

Here is what I propose. Send me a webex link and we can have a webex session. I can then look at your configs etc and get to the bottom of things. If you are interested let me know and we can schedule a time for this.

Sure anytime, I do not have a webex to provide you, but if you have you can send me to guga3010@gmail.com. About the time can we do at 930am EST or any time after 930am works for me as well. Tks

Sorry, I am replying a little late. Are you still interested in the webex? If you are please confirm what time is suitable for you and I will send you a webex invite

Not a problem, yes I'm still interested in check this out. I can do this anytime until 5pm EST, and tomorrow between 10am through 2pm EST. Let me know if it works for you, if not, please let me know what time works better for you. Once again thank you!

Hi,

I have sent you a webex invite. Meeting is scheduled for 4pm GMT which is 11am EST your time. Let me know if you have any issues with the webex invitation

Hi, I got your webex invitation and replied. Talk to you soon. Thanks!