CallBack not working with Line/Device Approach

nfracassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have a problem with the CallBack feature not working in our environment:

- Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2(1)

- Active Directory Integration enabled

- We're using the Line/device approach (as detailed in the SRND guides).

In such a way the device has a CSS that defines the site it belongs while the line associated to that device has a CSS that defines the access level for that line (International, local, etc..).

Everything works perfect except for the CallBack feature. When we try to use that feature from any phone to any other phone in the system (within the same partition or not), it reports "CallBack not available for line XXX".

I checked all the parameters (not many), restarted the services, telephones and the CallManager but nothing worked.

Any idea?

Thanks all

Nicola

3 Replies 3

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Nicola,

callback is independent from line/device css.

Check if there is minimum one cti manager and extended functions service is started in your cluster.

Check if your ccm "callback enabled flag" service parameter is set to true.

regards

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

we have a single CCM situation and both services are active.

Also the "callback enabled flag" service parameter is set to "true".

This is the reason why I was thinking at a problem with the Line/Device approach or with the Active Directory integration.

Thanks anyway.

Nicola

Hi all,

just to give an update, I could manage to solve the issue.

It was related to the AD integration. Somehow the password for the user CCMSysUser has been lost on the CallManager side. I used the utility described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a00801ed28e.html#wp44053

to reconfigure the correct password and I also reset it in Active Directory.

The Callback is now working correctly

Nicola