cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID is not working with my new Gigaset telephones

matsaki
Level 1
Level 1

I have a really strange problem that should not be Cisco-related, but it seems it can be.

I have a Cisco SPA122 ATA box for my fixed telephones connected to VoIP. I used to have wireless Panasonic handsets and everything worked fine. Then I upgraded to a 3 handset kit with Gigaset C430 phones, and now the Caller ID is not showing. It says "External" on the display. I have been searching the net everywhere to see if it is a Gigaset setting, but it's not. It should just work.

I have updated my SPA122 with the latest firmware and tried some settings without any luck.

Is it possible that someone here could give me a clue what's going wrong?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@matsaki wrote:
I have updated my SPA122 with the latest firmware

As a consequence for updating the SPA121/122 to the latest firmware, the SPA122 will stop working in a few weeks time. 

This is because Cisco the firmware comes with an expired QuoVadis certificate (FN - 72345 - SPA112 and SPA122: QuoVadis root CA 2 decommission may cause SIP and HTTPS handshake failure) whereby causing SIP to fail.  

Because the SPA 121/122 is already EoL, Cisco will not release a fixed software.

Aouch! Thank you for the info Leo. Then I have two questions. 

• Can I make a backup of the settings and import to a newer ATA? My VoIP provider has stopped support as they will close down or something in the future. 
  • What is the cheapest ATA box I can use from  Cisco? I  only have 1 phone line. Or can I but just about any ATA box on the market? I found many on Amazon. 

I would seriously reconsider the decision to continue with the same manufacturer when there are several better options.