Replies

Caller id issue when forwarding

Gowrishankar NC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a small doubt.

When we forward a call from ip phone to pstn. What telco considers as caller id

Is it the original calling number or redirected calling number??

I have an issue in getting the original caller id, we are using mgcp gateway and i have checked the Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound option and on the line page i have checked all the 4 options.

Regards,

Gowrishankar

7 Replies 7

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Gowri,

For MGCP calling party selection option will determine which DN will be choosen to send.

Also you can do debug isdn q931 to see if you are sending the CLI info to provider and they are not blocking it at their end.thanks

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls

Calling Party Selection

Any outbound call on a gateway can send directory number information. Choose which directory number is sent:

Originator—Send the directory number of the calling device.

First Redirect Number—Send the directory number of the redirecting device.

Last Redirect Number—Send the directory number of the last device to redirect the call.

First Redirect Number (External)—Send the directory number of the first redirecting device with the external phone mask applied.

Last Redirect Number (External)—Send the directory number of the last redirecting device with the external phone mask applied.

Calling Party Presentation

Choose whether you want the Cisco Unified Communications Manager to allow or restrict the display of the calling party phone number.

Choose Default if you do not want to change calling line ID presentation. Choose Allowed if you want Cisco Unified Communications Manager to send "Calling Line ID Allowed" on outbound calls. ChooseRestricted if you want Cisco Unified Communications Manager to send "Calling Line ID Restricted" on outbound calls.

For more information

I have selected 

Calling Party Selection as originator and calling party presentation has default.

So will it be original calling number?

Regards,

Gowrishankar

Yes, it will be original calling number if it is selected as originator.

Thanks Deepak,

In that case i think i need to check with telco why he is not sending the right caller id.

Regards,

Gowrishankar

Wanted to know what exactly this option will do "Redirecting number IE delivery outbound"?

Regards,

Gowrishankar

This will send redirecting number information to the PSTN so in your case it is the ip phone which is forwarding the call , that extension would be redirecting number.

Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '2128479139'

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '551'

Redirecting Number i = '!', 0x0080, '2124195092' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

for exact definition refer to this 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b06gtway.html 

Hi

I am sending the below information to service provider. Which shows calling party number as 9159 but the ISP is saying he is receiving 251 as calling party number. Can you help me here.

003584: Sep 14 13:13:58.577: ISDN Se0/0/1:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x2020

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA9839A

Exclusive, Channel 26

Calling Party Number i = 0x0081, '9159'  >>>>>>>>  Original calling number

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0736777818' >>>>> Called Number

Redirecting Number i = 0x000082, '251'   >>>>>>>> Forwarding number