Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on PRI shows internal extenstion number

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have 3845 router function as CME in SRST mode. When the phone call out through PRI, the phone on the end shows the internal extension ID not the phone number we want to show. I checked each extension configuration. There is "name xxx-212-1213" configuration under each extension. But that doesn't make the phone shows the number configured with "name" command. This is different from the FXO line. FXO line just shows the number without any configuration under extension.

Any idea? Thanks a lot.

Lou

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you run 'debug isdn q931' you can see that you're only sending the extension in the calling party header of the setup message.  This is default behavior.

You can either apply a voice translation in the outbound direction on the POTS peer, or configure a 'dialplan pattern' under telephony server to expand the number to a full DID.  I prefer a translation, since the dialplan patter causes some issues with calling/redirecting numbers to CUE.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you run 'debug isdn q931' you can see that you're only sending the extension in the calling party header of the setup message.  This is default behavior.

You can either apply a voice translation in the outbound direction on the POTS peer, or configure a 'dialplan pattern' under telephony server to expand the number to a full DID.  I prefer a translation, since the dialplan patter causes some issues with calling/redirecting numbers to CUE.

Thanks a lot Steven. I will give it try this weekend. I have anoter question about the caller id. If the phone call over the FXO line, does this translation rule work? I just applied the translation rule to one of my dial peer, the caller id is still the FXO's number not the number I want to translate to. Is this controlled by AT&T? I really want to have different number shows on the other side based on different extension which is used to dial out.

I created:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /1234/ /3241234567/
rule 2 /4321/ /3247654321/

voice translation-profile 1
translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 10 pots
translation-profile outgoing 1

Thanks.

Lou

Lou,

That translation profile looks right.  Some providers don't let you set the CLID to whatever you want, while others allow it.  You should talk to the provider and find out how they behave.  Some will overwrite the CLID the CPE sends to be whatever is listed as the DID for that circuit.  That's likely what you're experiencing.

Thanks Steven. I will talk to AT&T. Thank you!

Lou