Views
Helpful
Replies

CallerID unknown - show extension only

domobec09
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there !

We have a hotel system running SPA962s, SPA921s and multiple FXS gateways for rooms.

All admins use SPA921 and they work perfectly. The client does not have Caller ID service for the PSTN provider,

All cisco phones show "unknown" when external call is being forwarded to them.

We would like to disable Caller ID completely and show internal extension when an external is forwarded from the reception SPA962 to a SPA921 instead of the "unknown" CID value being forwarded to the station. The client would like to see the receptionnists's extension or name instead of the CID for these external calls when the receptionnists forwards them.

External call scenario :

- Inbound Call comes in

- Receptionnist answers

- Receptionnist transfers to a SPA921

- SPA921 should show the receptionniist extension or name

Internal call scenario

- Call is being made to another internal SPA921

- SPA921 should show the local extension of the caller.

Should be fairly simple but I cant get this setup working.

We can disable the CID function in the PSTN gateway we are using but the extensions show the line number when receptionnist forwards calls to them instead of the reception ext or name.

thx !

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

try this work around and see if dose work

create a translation pattern with pattern of *XXXX ( assuming your internal numbers are 4 digits )

in this translation

- give it CSS that can access the internal phones partitions

- in the calling party transformation section mask the calling ID/Name to the one you want for example put the calling ID as 1000

in the called called party transofrmation use the bellow mask to remove the *

XXXX

so when the receptionist wants to transfer the call she/he has to transfer t to * fowled by the internal number

when they want to cal lthe number internally just as notmal without *

HTH

if helpful rate

Hello Marwan !

Sorry, forgot to mention, we are using a PBX server solution from 3CX IP phone systems which works perfect with the Cisco phone products. They tell us the MOH problem is on the phone part since this one gives the MOH request to the system.

Also, my technician just reminded me the XFERs work flawlessly, it's only the BXFERs that dont have MOH.

thank you for your reply !

Oops, wrong post, the MOH problem is on another post I placed at the same time 

Altough your solution still seems to apply to CISCO PBX servers and not the 3CX servers, can we do anything on the phone interface to get our setup working ?