cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 6.1 SIP trunk to sr140 -brooktrout

steelcity39
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to get a sip trunk in 6.1 to talk to a brooktrout sr140 (rightfax) card. Have the sip trunk built in CCM and on the sr140 however we only get fast busy. Can anyone provide a link to a setup or troubleshooting doc, or provide some guidance if you have set this up. Thanks

19 Replies 19

carrier is passing us 10 digits.

we take the 10 digits and translate to a 4 digit route pattern that is pointed to the sip trunk.

from what i can tell, we either need a route pattern to tell CCM where to send the call .. there is no way to tell CCM to send the call to the sip trunk using just a translation pattern.

We also have carrier passing 10 digits. To get ours to work, we created translation patterns for each range of DIDs:

(areacode)229.33xx

that "dot" is important. At the bottom of the TP, we configured the "discard digits" to "PreDot".

Then our 4 digit route patterns worked.

Also make sure your SIP config is using UDP for SIP Trunk Security Profile.

Entirely confused - you say you used SIP but this is all MGCP configuration?

-nick

the mgcp configuration is for the fax relay package, to allow the fax traffic thru to my UCM. From UCM I have same network SIP to Rightfax.

I see, MGCP for PSTN, SIP to Rightfax.

MGCP T38 is hard to configure recently, due to some bugs.

Notably:

CSCta26864

CSCsy29533

CSCsw39039

CSCso69794

Basically - only 12.4(22)T is safe.

You need 'no mgcp fax t38 inhibit' and 'mgcp package fxr', and to reset the gateway. Make sure there aren't slips, and you should be set for T38.

-nick