cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager and Dial-peer

dtom
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure how to ask this question but here it goes...

We are running CallManager 7.0 using route groups, route list, and route patterns (I assume that this is considered a dial plan).  Calls go through our 3845 router (voice gateway) to the PSTN.  There is some configuration statements in the 3845 router which refer to dial-peer.  What are these statements used for?  Doesn't CallManager handle the call routing or am I wrong here? 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is Video Over IP, please move this to the right area.

CUCM only takes care of the dial plan by itself if using MGCP, if using H323 or SIP, the GW also requires the dial plan logic for inbound/outbound calls. If you search dial-peer on cisco.com you'll find plenty of documentation on them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We are using MGCP so, does that mean if we change the dial-peer configuration on the router it will not  have any affect on our current call routing?  We want to test a Microsoft Lync connection using the router.

I would assume that if you're using it with MGCP, and have dial-peers, you might have SRST configured. Or something else might be using it for H323. Make sure no one is using that config before changing anything.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate