Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't upload background image for 9951 phone set

lwai
Level 1
Level 1

Dear  All,

I have follow the steps in doc. to upload the required PNG files to the TFTP floder. The add on small picture can be displaied correctly, as I select the new add on image ,it show the file is not compability and cannot be loaded.

I try to download the default PNG files for 9951 to local PC and open the file but I cannot open the download PNG with ACD , photoimpact, paint program,

It seems the default PNF files for 9951 is not backward compability to previous PNG loaded for 7970..

Can someone tell me what program can open the default PNF file for 9951?

What is the difference of the PNG file for 9951 between 79xx?

Attached the download PNG file from CM server at the folder Desktops/640x480x24. That is the bundled images for 9951 phone set.

Thanks in advance!!

Michael.

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Please make sure your images are from the size specified at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/admin/guide/9971cus.html

Many graphics programs provide a feature that will resize a graphic. An easy way to create a thumbnail image is to first create and save the full size image, then use the sizing feature in the graphics program to create a version of that image that is 25% of the original size. Save the thumbnail version using a different name.

HTH,

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Tere (+5 "T")

There are two firmware related bugs which may be causing this;

CSCtf70173

"CiscoIPPhoneDisplay" header reports physical versus usable size

CSCtf70190

Maximum size .png image appears distorted

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks! I will upgrade the phone firmware  to 9.0(4) first, current phone firmware is 9.0(3). And I had followed the image size in doc. listed for 9951 phone set.

It is hard to understand the bundled PNG files download from server cannot be opened with program that works fine before for making images for 79XX services phone.

The system bundled with a background List.xml that have 24 sets of background images for user.

Regards,

Michael.