cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access SETTINGS button on 7940

wintensive
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, thanks for being here to help out.

I have a 7940 VoIP phone that used to work fine. Then I put it in the closet for a few months, and now I want to use it again. 

It has SIP firmware on it, but when it boots it goes to TFTP timeout. When it gets there you cannot do anything to it. I cannot press settings button to get into setting to do anything about it.

I was able to do a factory reset (press # while booting up and then pressing 123456789*0# and choosing YES for erasing the config settings.

Now it reboots, says "Configuring VLAN" then "Configuring IP" and then stop on the screen with "Protocol Application Invalid (o/a)" - It also says Universal Application Loader at the top of the screen.

At this point, as before, I cannot even press SETTINGS and get into the menu.  The solution I am looking for is how to get into the SETTINGS menu. Nothing I press at this point seems to do anything except that I can press - * + 6 + SETTINGS -  and it will reset, but loops back into the same thing ending with Protocol Application Invalid.  I feel like if I could get into the SETTINGS from here I could start fixing it but the SETTINGS button does nothing.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

0 Replies 0