cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot configure Cisco 7914 Expansion module.

services
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

My name is George and I was hoping to get some assistance in configuring a Cisco 7914 expansion module.  I have been thrown into the fire with this Cisco phone system.  I have very experience with the CallManager system but I am making some headway.  The biggest problem is that my company is running very outdated versions of the software.  We are running CallManager Administration 4.1 (0.11).  I know, I know...it's no way to run a business but that decision is above my pay grade!  I am told to make it work, as I am sure many of you can understand and appreciate.

So here is what happened.  We had to do a complete network reboot and I was configuring a new phone when they took everything down.  When the network was brought back up, it took a few minutes and all but one phone came back up.  Of course, the one that did not come back up was the receptionist's.  After some troubleshooting I found that somehow, her phone was no longer showing in CallManager.  I went through the process of adding the phone again and defining it and configured.  Her phone works fine now.  The problem is with the 7914 expansion module.

The module is showing all red lights on the buttons and the display is blank.  I went to Add/Update speed dials, entered all the name and extension information and clicked on Update and Close.  I thought this was all I needed to do but I was wrong.  In the Configure Speed Dial Settings for SEPXXXXXXXXX window, it says 'Speed Dial Settings not associated with a button'.

In the Phone Configuration screen, under the Phone Button Template Information field I have selected Standard 7960-14.  In the Softkey Template Information field I have it set to Standard User.  The Expansion Module Information field for module 1 is set to 7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module.  Module 2 is set to none.  Then I reset the phone.  I fully expected to see the Speed Dials all set up on the module but all the buttons are red.

I have Googled for a couple hours and have had a really hard time finding anything regarding this outdate version of CallManager..  That coupled by my small base of knowledge on how the system works is really giving me fits.  Could anyone possibly walk me through this process?  Any information, suggestions, ideas, or input is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you all for your time.  Have a fantastic day!

Respectfully,

George D.

2 Replies 2

services
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have additional information that may or may not help;

FIRMWARE

1)  APP LOAD ID:  P00308000900

2)  BOOT LOAD ID: PC0303010100

3)  VERSION:  8.0 (9.0)

4)  EXPANSION MODULE:  500105000300

6)  DSP  4.0 (4.0) [A01]

EXPANSION MODULE STATS

LINK STATE:  CONNECTED

A RX DISCARDED BYTES:  4

A RX LENGTH ERR:  0

A RX CHECKSUM ERR:  0

A RX INVALID MESSAGE:  0

A TX RETRANSMIT:  COUNTER INCREASING

A TX BUFFER FULL:  0

B RX DISCARDED BYTES:  144

B RX LENGTH ERR:  2

B RX CHECKSUM ERR:  2

B TX BUFFER FULL:  0

Hope that this helps.  Thank you all again for the time!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi George,

If you look at the left hand side of your screen shots you can see that buttons 7-20 are showing "add a new DN" so that means that the Phone Button Template is not configured for Speed Dial buttons that it looks like you are trying to use. The first thing I would do is look for and assign a Phone Button Template that has buttons 7-20 for adding Speed Dial buttons.

Cheers!

Rob