cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot enable hands-free 2-way audio on 8861

seanscott83
Level 1
Level 1

I'm evaluating the 8861 and I can't seem to get it to allow me to pair with my phone. I can enable bluetooth and pair headsets, but the option to enable "hands-free 2-way audio" is grayed out.

Bluetooth,Allow Bluetooth Contacts Import, Allow Bluetooth Mobile Handsfree Mode, and Bluetooth Profiles are enabled on the phone profile. Any ideas of where I could be missing this setting?

Thanks,
Sean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sean,

Can you plz check what is the 'Line Mode' setting on the IP phone configuration page ( Under 'Product Specific Configuration ). If it is set to Enhanced mode then try setting it to Session mode, reset the phone and test again.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sean,

Can you plz check what is the 'Line Mode' setting on the IP phone configuration page ( Under 'Product Specific Configuration ). If it is set to Enhanced mode then try setting it to Session mode, reset the phone and test again.

HTH

Manish

That fixed it. Thanks!

I can't seem to think of a reason that the "Intelligent Proximity" feature would need to be turned off to use Enhanced Line Mode. Come on Cisco, fix this with a firmware update!