Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant access voicemail and no DTMF tone for the input

rajeshpat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have one wired issue in my Cisco environment and that too only 2 users are facing that issue both are critical users. Let me explain the issue.

These 2 users are not able to access their voice mail in their own device(Cisco IP Phone) but can access from other desk phone and through their mobile phone by dialing the voice mail pilot number. When they try to access their voice mail, they press Messages button on their phone the system is asks to enter the pin and they try to enter the pin but  THERE IS NO DTMF TONE. The phone is not giving the tone and again it telling to enter the pin. If the phone is rebooted, for the first time they can access and from next time the issue arises. We tried all the way to fix  like re-configured the phone; re-created the voice mail; changed the port where the phone is connected and also connected the working phone to the port and the working phone is fine. Currently raised the TAC ticket and shared all logs of call manager and packet capture of phone and unity server but still there is no solution.

Configuration:

• CUCM à SME àUnity Connection.
  • SIP trunk has been created between CUCM and SME; SME and Unity connection.

Version:

• CUCM : Ve 8.6(2)
  • SME: Ve 8.6(2)
  • Unity : Ve 8.6(2)

So please help me on this.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried different FW??

I'd start by reviewing the logs from where the phone is registered to find out if I see the DTMFs, if not, then most likely the phone is the culprit, if you do see them, go to the next element in the call flow, and so on, until you find out where they stop showing up in the traces.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate