Views
Helpful
Replies

ccmcdr password

abouhich
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have a problem with password synchronisation for ccmcdr[ when i use addminutility and i check the password synchronisation i have password synchronized = N both in Publisher and subscirber)

please can someone help me to resolve this problem?

many thanks

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

the best way to resolve this would be to rerun AdminUtility and set a new password. This will sync all the passwords and update them for all services which use this account.

Since this is service affecting, you should do it during non-production hours.

hi,

i want only modify the CCMCDR password , not all password

It is not recommended reset password without using AdminUtility. And with AdminUtility, you can only reset the password for all the accounts.

When you run the adminutility.exe from the publisher (Start>Run>type command in). You can sync(choose) by server or the whole cluster. the process is pretty quick, also remember that when you run this it will stop and restart all the CCM Services on that Server. If your doing the whole cluster, it will also do the whole cluster one server at a time. my recommendation to do the "check password" option then change password for one server at a time if you have failover in place. If not you will need to do off hours. hope this helps.

Also you can't really modify the password for one account its a all or nothing option. The password you use should also be the one you used for the other accounts as well, this was created with your private passphrase you used for the CCM install.