cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER - applicable for just internal call notification?

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I have a rural K-12 customer that is considering CER just for internal 911 call notification. Due to his being in a rual area, the only digital service he can get is a CAS T-1, feature group B. No CAMA. His remote routers have a POTS line for the site 911. So as I understand it, he won't be able to use the other services CER provides - like PSAP call-back to the person who dialed 911.

So my question is, can CER be configured so that it can basically notifiy internal security personnel of recent/active 911 calls only?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can configure it to simply use the onsite alert feature.  Basically calls will route to CER just to trigger the automated call to the onsite number telling them a user dialed 911 and their number, and then forward the call right back to call manager to route out a 911 route pattern just as if a phone dialed it without CER.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can configure it to simply use the onsite alert feature.  Basically calls will route to CER just to trigger the automated call to the onsite number telling them a user dialed 911 and their number, and then forward the call right back to call manager to route out a 911 route pattern just as if a phone dialed it without CER.

mawtel3663
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently configured CER. CER is not sending notifications when someone calls 911. TAC has looked and so far has not figured out why. Not sure if this is affecting it but AXL fails when testing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an open TAC case.