Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate expire warning

CHRISTIAN END
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i got a CUCM 9.x Installation that was migrated about half a year ago. Now i looked into Syslog messages of these CUCM and found some Certificate Warnings:

%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:CallManager.der Unit:CallManager Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 13:40:][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 618
%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:tomcat.der Unit:tomcat Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 13:13:25:000 CET][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 619
%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:CAPF.der Unit:CAPF Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 13:40:33:000 CET 201][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 620
%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:ipsec.der Unit:ipsec Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 13:13:29:000 CET 2][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 621
%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:CAPF.der Unit:CAPF-trust Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 13:40:33:000 C][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 622
%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:CUCMPUB.der Unit:tomcat-trust Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 1][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 623
%UC_CERT-2-CertValidfor7days: %[Message=Certificate expiration Notification. Certificate name:CUCMPUB.der Unit:ipsec-trust Type:own-cert Expiration:Tue Feb 11 13][ClusterID=][NodeID=CUCMPUB]: Alarm to indicate that Certificate has Expired or Expires in less than seven days, 624

How can i fix this problem? Has someone a document that will describe this fix of the problem? And have i to reset the certificates on every single phone?

And will the CUCM stop working  on Tue Feb 11 ??

Many thanks for every single help!

Christian

3 Replies 3

abdel-moniem
Level 5
Level 5

HI Christian

As some major certificates are about to expire you need to schedule a maintenance Window in able to regenerate the certificates about to expire and restart the relevant services associated with these certificates. This will come with the reset of phones to update the ITL/CTL file. If the certificates are signed by an external CA server (and not self-signed) you can ask for a re-signing the certificates to extend the expiry date. However if they are self signed just a regenration and reset some services will be Ok.

Please refer to the following guide in the process of doing that

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12404241/certificate-expire-warning

MonieM

Please rate the post if possible

Can it be possible that the link you posted is the link of this post here?

Hi Christian

My bad the Right link is below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/117299-problemsolution-product-00.html