Views
Helpful
Replies

change CUCM 8.5 default language on 8941

Ihssan Alibouch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CUCM v.8.5.1 installed on a "MCS7825I5". The phone sets used are: "CP-8941-L-K9=" and "CP-6911-CL-K9=". My concern is this, when I try to change the language from the default (English) to French on the 8941 phones, I only get the French display on the phone directory menu!  could you help? By the way I am using "sccp"

Thanks in advance

Ihssan

9 Replies 9

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

Have you installed french locale in the CUCM?

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

I have tried to upload the following versions but it wouldn't take (po-locale-fr_FR-9.1.2.1000-1.cop.sgn; po-locale-fr_FR-9.2.1.1000-1.cop.sgn & po-locale-fr_FR-9.2.2.1000-1.cop.sgn)

I keep getting this message: "Major  and minor version nimbers obtained from the name do NOT match those of the current version". Maybe I am trying the wrong file, if you think it's the case, please help me the correct one

Thx,

Ihssan

Hi

Yes you are using wrong file.

First you will have to install cm-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.2100-1.cop.sgn or  cm-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.XXXX.cop.sgn where XXXX is your CUCM version. After installing this file install phone specific french locale by going to download page at cisco.com and go to your ip phone and your firmware and locale file for your firmware.

Regards

Ronak patel

Please rate all helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer

Thanks Ronak

Will try that and get back to you

Ihssan

Hi,

Actually the local installer was uploaded successufully (install  cm-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.2100-1.cop.sgn), the phone french local is the one  that does not go through; I have tried the 3 following versions:

po-locale-fr_FR-9.1.2.1000-1.cop.sgn

po-locale-fr_FR-9.2.1.1000-1.cop.sgn

po-locale-fr_FR-9.2.2.1000-1.cop.sgn

I, however did not try this version: "po-locale-fr_FR-9.2.3.1000-1.cop.sgn"

what do you think could be the problem?

Thx

Ihssan

Hi,

Please let me know what is the firmware your CUCM is having for the 8941 phone. You will have to install same phone locale.

Regards

Ronak patel

Hi,

The firmeware version I have on the 8941 is: SCCP 9-2-2-0

Rgds,

Ihssan Alibouch

Hi

For  earlier file which you have installed cm-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.2100-1.cop.sgn. Have you installed it in all the server and restarted all the server.

Cisco Unified Communications Locale Installer MUST be installed on every Cisco Unified Communications Manager server in a cluster, starting with the publisher. After installation has completed, it is essential to reboot the platform in order for all user and network locale changes to become fully activated.

Use following after above is done

1) Use po-locale-fr_FR-9.2.2.1000-1.cop.sgn fiel for ip phone.

2) Cisco Unified Communications Locale Installer MUST be installed on every Cisco Unified Communications Manager server in a cluster, starting with the publisher. After installation has completed, it is essential to reboot the platform in order for all user and network locale changes to become fully activated.

Regards

Ronak patel

Hi,

I have confirmed with my SE that he followed exaclty he steps outlined in your last message. Still, we have the main menu in English (Default language) and Entreprise Directory in French (The desired language)

Any thoughts?

Rgds,

Ihssan Alibouch