cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channelized Line Side T1 using MGCP

jasonsheerin
Level 1
Level 1

We are attempting to configure 4431 ISR routers with 16 T1s.  These T1s connect to a DACs system that beaks out the DS1s into individual DS0s and sends the specific DS0s to remote locations. 

Is it possible to configure the T1s as MGCP in CUCM and then assign a specific directory number to a specific T1 channel?  Each channel needs to have their own unique directory number.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that is not possible.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that is not possible.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime.

Any ideas regarding how to accomplish this?  We are currently replacing all of our Avaya CS1k IP PBXs.  These older system have line-side t1 cards that perform these specific functions.  Is there any methodology to replicate this on CUCM with possibly an SBC, etc.?

Brett,

Post this as a new topic. Most of the resident experts will not look at this because it is solved already, or tag them in your reply and they will see it.

I am not an expert, but you can connect the T-1's/PRI's to a voice gateway, (i.e. 3851, 3951, 2911, 2811, 2851, or 2951, but I would recommend a newer router if you have the budget for it, the 4000 series are very nice) with T1/E1 cards and set it up as MGCP, or you can use an SBC and set them up as SIP trunks. What are you specifically trying to accomplish?

Jason