cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 303 IP phones on Call Manager 8.5.1?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

We have an office we will be integrating that currently uses Cisco 303 IP phones.  We have a centralized call manager on version 8.5.1 and I see that there is a Cisco 30 SP+ listed under the License unit calculator in call manager.  Doe anyone here know if that is the license for that 303 phone?

Never heard of this mode before so just checking to see if maybe we can accomodate the existing phones for this business.

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Vicky

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any SPA phones are considered SIP 3rd party devices in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for the reply here. Is there configuration needed on the phone itself to have it work with my call manager?  Looking around on line and not finding any info? 

Please let me know if you have the info?

Thank you again!

these phone types are not supported on CUCM natively, but you may try configure with the same steps as a  non-cisco SIP phone, you can refer the below doc for the same

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b09sip3p.html

I am working with someone who is sitting in front of the phone in another office trying to get the phone to work via our call manager.  I can get into the web interface for the phone but I don't seem to have the ability to change the settings via the web interface.  I see the the system information is correct and the phone has an ip from the voice vlan via the DHCP.  I can also see the call manager showing up unter TFTP server but the phone is not registering to the call manager.

I saw something in the notes that indicated a digest user setting in call manager, is that what is required on both the phone and in call manager to allow the phone to register?

If you can share what we need to just get the phone registered to call manager it would be a big help.

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Yes, have you reviewed the link that venperum provided that goes on how to configure them in CUCM????

We only have documentation for the config in CUCM, we do not test nor have links on what to do on the SIP 3rd party device, you would need to look at registration traces to find out how to map the call agent, user/pwd, etc in the device, to what CUCM is requesting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate