Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7821

Hello guys, I have a cisco 7821. I have recently converted it to 3pcc to use it with another provider, everything on the phone is working great, the one and only issue I am having is i can recieve calls and i can even talk or hear on those but the phone will not dial out it lets you dial the number but nothing happens, it doesn't go through. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

15 Replies 15

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@dragonaplications wrote:
but the phone will not dial out it lets you dial the number but nothing happens, it doesn't go through.

The dialing pattern is not configured (correctly).

Would you be able to help me? I have heard something about it but im not sure much about it.

Hi thanks for the reply, this is quite hard for me to understand. Say I want a dial plan that will simply allow me to call anywhere no strings attached no dial out digit no nothing, I simply can just pick up the phone and dial whichever 10 digit number. Do you know the appropriate dial plan to do so?

( xxxxxxxxxx | 1900xxxxxxx! )

Hey, I entered that into the dial plan, it still just gives me the busy signal like it was doing before.

Is it a fast busy tone?

it kinda seems fast, the phone takes about 5 seconds before getting to it though

(911|xxxxxxxxxx|1900xxxxxxx!)

Try this.

that doesn't work either and I just heard the noise again and I can confirm it is most definately a fast busy tone, the beeps aren't as long as they would be as if it was a normal busy tone. Now these dial plans you are giving me, am I supposed to enter them by themselves into the dial plan or are they supposed to   be part of a bigger dial plan. cause if they are supposed to go in and be by themselves thats what ive been doing.

Can you post the screenshot of the Dial Plan page?

Here is the screenshot you requested.

I have just now got the phone working, it was another issue with the sip transport i was having, the phone now work.s

As you have connected the phone to a 3rd-party provider you will need to investigate how calls are processed by that call control system. If you can tell us which one it is, we may be able to help. But as this is a Cisco forum, the expertise is in Cisco call control systems.

Maren