cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7911 Firmware Recovery of a Brick

andy.wenn
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with a 7911 handset, which appears to be a brick, and despite looking through the many threads here I can not find any suggestions that work.

I don't know what version of firmware was/is on the phone as I can not get in to it to check.

1) If I boot the phone normally, the red light on the handset flashes once, then nothing... no lights, blank screen, etc.

2) I can power up the phone, with the # key depressed, which will give me only a flashing red light on the handset, with nothing else lit and no screen.

3) If I use code 123456789*0#, the flashing red light just stops flashing, and nothing else happens

4) If I use code 349167285*0#, the red light on the handset flashes very fast and then the phone appears to reboot as per 1) above.

No matter what I do, the phone does not seem to get an IP address from a DHCP server or connect to a TFTP server.

I have another phone of the same model which works as expected and updates from the TFTP server, so as far as I can tell my network set up is correct.

If the handset will not connect to the TFTP server or obtain an IP address, is it beyond recovery?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Replies 0