Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7925G Wireless IP Phone - Roaming between 2 different WLC

Hi Cisco Team,

I would like to find out something:

I have 1 x Cisco 7925G Wireless IP Phone. The Phone is currently configured with 2 x SSID (VOICE-WLC1 and VOICE-WLC2). The VOICE-WLC1 SSID lives on WLC 1 and VOICE-WLC2 lives on WLC2.

If the 7925G IP Phone moves from the area where VOICE-WLC1 has good coverage to an area where VOICE-WLC2 has better coverage, what would happen to an active call on the 7925G during the time it is moving from WLC 1 to WLC 2 in terms of association, etc? Would the call drop when the 7925G disconnect from the SSID managed by WLC1 and then connect to the SSID managed by WLC2?

Please advise.

Warm regards,

JK.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the 7925G IP Phone moves from the area where VOICE-WLC1 has good coverage to an area where VOICE-WLC2 has better coverage, what would happen to an active call on the 7925G during the time it is moving from WLC 1 to WLC 2 in terms of association, etc? Would the call drop when the 7925G disconnect from the SSID managed by WLC1 and then connect to the SSID managed by WLC2?

Yes, the call will drop. 

I have 1 x Cisco 7925G Wireless IP Phone. The Phone is currently configured with 2 x SSID (VOICE-WLC1 and VOICE-WLC2). The VOICE-WLC1 SSID lives on WLC 1 and VOICE-WLC2 lives on WLC2.

1.  What is the logic behind having TWO different SSID? 

2.  What is the logic behind having TWO different WLC?  

The scenario described are exactly the OPPOSITE to Cisco's best practice with wireless voice.