cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 7945 home office

npgandlove
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently using cucm 6 (don't laugh, 3 years and budget keeps getting rejected) and we have a user who will be working from home.  Is there a way to get a phone in his home on his internet connection and connect to our cucm server in the office.  I was thinking of the users getting a static ip from his provider and then tunneling into our network and then a static ip address on the phone that connects to our office.  but when i think that way i want to make sure that if that same user wants to use the internet, they can use their own internet without getting their traffic crossed with our corporate network.  any thoughts or suggestions.  phones are 7945.  any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These days the best option is to use phoneVPN where the Cisco phone is running any connect VPN client, but I am pretty sure that was not available on your version, so your only option is to setup site to site VPN where you put a small VPN router at the user's home and put the phone behind the router.