cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 860 phone and WiFi

Richard-Harper
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot join a Cisco 860 IP phone to a wireless network, either using the Cisco QR code generator or by entering manual information, during the initial setup process.  I must set the phone up offline, then join a network, then proceed.  The phone has been updated to 1.9.0.2409/1.10.1.2697 and the problem persists.  I've tried both our corporate network and a hotspot on my phone and nothing seems to work.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What error messages does the phone get?

Is the phone getting a valid IP address?

"Can't connect to this network" or something similar.  It's during the initial Android setup sequence with a fresh out of box or freshly wiped phone.  And no it doesn't get an IP address since it can't connect to the wireless network.  

@Richard-Harper wrote:
"Can't connect to this network" or something similar.

Configure the SSID with PSK and configure the phone to join the SSID.  See if it works.

The Webex Wireless Phone Configuration Management site only has two choices for WiFi configuration and I've confirmed that I'm using the right one since the same SSID and PSK let me manually join the network after the OOBE Cisco/Android experience has run.  It's the auto-configuration using the QR code from the above website that fails.  And I've tried other networks instead of our voice network, no QR code I generate will work.

Richard-Harper
Level 1
Level 1

As near as I can tell, the problem is the length of the PSK.  We have a 64-bit PSK on the network and the QR code generator does not appear to be able to handle that.  If I use a personal device hotspot with a short PSK, the QR code works but of course the phone doesn't since it's not on our corporate network.  So it looks like a bug in Webex Wireless Phone Configuration Management.