cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8800 and CiscoIPPhoneMenu

court0001
Level 1
Level 1

I have an XML corporate directory that our company created internally to list all of our extensions. It works with the Cisco SPA phones, and also, with some modification, Cisco 7900 series phones.

<CiscoIPPhoneMenu>
<Title>Main Menu</Title>
<Prompt>Select a directory</Prompt>
<MenuItem>
<Name>Bradford</Name>
<URL>URL</URL>
</MenuItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneMenu>

We have bought some Cisco 8800 series phones to evaluate. Cisco’s own documentation says that the option is supported in the 8800 series as well as the 7900 series phones and the SPA phones (Table 7 in the link below)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/9-1-1/CUIP_BK_P82B3B16_00_phones-services-application-development-notes/CUIP_BK_P82B3B16_00_phones-services-application-development-notes_chapter_011.html#reference_7952DA14B81...

I haven’t found the example config yet for the 8800 series phones with that option in it. It seems like it’s not the same as the 7900 series phones, because I tried the 7900 config in the 8800 series phones and it seems to ignore it.

<directoryURL>URL</directoryURL>

Has anybody else tried to do this?

Thank you,

Court

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Are you using CUCM? I’m confused why you would be modifying the XML element directly instead of configuring a Phone Service.