cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8811 Phone Double key press on menus

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Having a weird issue that I have isolated to being just on Cisco 8811 phones we have so that's why I am posting here rather than in the UCCX area.

What I ran into was; I had just wrote a new UCCX script and tested it with my old 7942 as well as IP communicator for my other line and all was fine.  I open it up for the end user to test and they tell me that when they select an option from the main menu, it was not going to the correct next menu among other things.  Doing a debug; I found that when they were pressing 1; I was also getting a 1 in the secondary menu before they even get the audio for that menu.  I tried putting a delay step in after the menu option would be pressed but it did not help. 

Long story short; I set the user who was testing up on a soft phone with all their CSS and partitions like they would be on their physical phone and they did not have the issue.  Tried a different users 8811 and they also have the issue so it seems to not just be one phone but the model or how it is configured.

Any ideas on where I can even start with this?

1 Reply 1

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Found a fix for this. 

In Call Manager; I went into the region for the device pool of the phones that were having the issue and changed its relationship with the region UCCX is in to go from Maximum Audio Bit Rate of G.729 to G7.11. 

I'm not sure why this worked as the other model phones were in the same device pool yet worked with G.729