cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8831 display stuck on Cisco logo

zrunner626
Level 1
Level 1

I have one 8831 phone that decided to become stuck on the Cisco logo the other day. It had been working for months. I have seen plenty of other posts similar to this but none seem to apply or fix my issue. The phone is V03 hardware. ( I know there is a FN about V01 and V02). The phone was using 10-3-1SR4b-1 firmware. I am on CUCM 12.0.1.21900-7.

The phone was registered but screen appeared to be stuck with no ability to access any menus.

I tried a factory reset.

I've tried downgrading to 10-3-1SR4-2

I've upgrade to 10-3-1SR5-1 and the phone again shows it's registered but still will not display anything.

I've tried removing PoE and using a power supply just to see if it would boot properly.

Any other suggestions? I don't think this is under smartnet still and the 90 day warranty is done.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How old is the unit?
Found in the 8831 Data Sheet: Cisco Unified IP Phones and Conference Stations are covered by a Cisco standard 1-year replacement warranty.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How old is the unit?
Found in the 8831 Data Sheet: Cisco Unified IP Phones and Conference Stations are covered by a Cisco standard 1-year replacement warranty.

It's really close. It might be under 1 year by a few days. We didn't get smartnet. I was thinking the manufacturer warranty was only good for 90 days.

Get on it while you can. Contact Cisco TAC and organize for an RMA.
Be prepared to provide them "proof of purchase".

It was still covered and they are shipping a replacement. thanks